If you are like me and LOVE seeing all of the In The Hoop projects you can do with an embroidery machine only to be disappointed that a 4x4 hoop is too small for most designs then this project is for you! I made a door silencer a few weeks back with my regular machine by turning and top stitching, it wasn't very pretty and then I realized it was small enough that I could make it with my embroidery machine. It took me a few weeks before I finally had the 'kid free' time to test it out.
Here is a tutorial for a Brother SE-400 ITH Door Silencer
1. Get the fabric for the backside of the door silencer, lay it on the hoop
2.Lay some medium-thick stabilizer on top and hoop it
3.Go to your built in designs and select a rectangle
4. Select the straight stitch #10
5. Go to Adjust/Layout and rotate it 90 degrees
6. Expand the rectangle as big as it will go
7.stitch it out
8. Place your elastic (i used pony tails) on the short ends and tape down
9. Repeat the same rectangle to tack down the elastic. I did this 2x just to be safe.
10.Remove the tape and pick your top fabric
11. Repeat the same rectangle. I did this 2x for durability.
12. Trim around the top fabric
13. Select rectangle again but this time do the satin stitch #2
14. Repeat the steps to rotate and enlarge the rectangle
15. Stitch it ou
16. Remove from hoop and cut around the remaining fabric and stabilizer being sure not to cut the stitching.
Here it is on my sons door